We’re a group of Harvard affiliates (mostly undergrads, but grad students, faculty, and staff are all welcome!) who love to run as a group. We have 6 practices per week, and runners will have the option to do a workout on 2-3 of those days. All paces are welcome, but we find many of our members are committed to working hard and getting faster. We usually have 1-2 team races each month, and we cover the cost for members. All practices and races are optional since this is a club sport, but we’d love to have you show up at least a few times in the semester if not every day!
The HRC is open to all Harvard affiliates. All you need to become a member is $25 per semester or $45 per year, the ability to find the MAC steps, and the heart of a gazelle – minus that last thing. Membership isn’t required to train with the team, but it gives you access to t-shirts, racing singlets, and meet entries.
When is the first day of practice?
- First day of practice is Wednesday, August 30th.
Where, when, and how fast do you run?
- We run year-round in greater Boston, mostly in Boston and Cambridge (Charles River, Downtown, Fresh Pond, Tufts). We also love the Fells and Walden Pond. See the calendar and routes pages for more information. Pace is usually around 7-8:30, but we’ll gladly run anywhere in the 5:45-9:30 range to accommodate :).
Do you need to be a member to run with HCRC?
- No, and we’ll never require that. Membership is available to all Harvard affiliates, and only members can run in Nirca-sanctioned races. We also waive the costs (entrance and transportation) of these meets for members.
Does the club do anything outside of running?
- Of course! Movie nights, team dinners, sushi days, parties, and retreats are also in our repertoire.
Is there a mailing list?
Is there a Facebook page?
- We thought you’d never ask! Check out our page, and throw us a like!
Why are there no jokes on this page?
- Look at the url of this page. Ha! Madest thou look! So endeth the trick.